of our food is imported from about 170 countries and regions
of nutrional needs to be met by local production by 2030
invested in Singapore Food Story R&D Programme to strengthen food security
The food industry is vast, complex and completely essential. While it includes everything from agriculture all the way to food-related financial services and marketing, Singapore tends to focus on food distribution (such as wholesalers and importers), food services (such as delivery and catering) and R & D.
Able to Work in a Team
- Diploma or Degree in Food Science/Food Technology
- 2-3 years experience
- In the food industry, a Manufacturing Executive would review andanalyse the production workflow to suggest improvements and optimisation. Such improvements could include support for digital upgrading, integrating existing processes and/or automating parts of the manufacturing process. They also uphold healthand safety regulations to ensure a safe work floor.
- Diploma or Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or other Science-related discipline
- 2-3 years experience
- A Food Technologist supports product, packaging and process development by preparing equipment and materials, and assisting in consolidating data and results of experiments for defining the specifications of products and/or processes. Thejob often requires preparing samples and materials, supportingdevelopment of manufacturing processes, and troubleshooting existing processes for quality or regulatory lapse.
- Diploma in Engineering or Science-related discipline, or previous industry experience
- 0-2 years experience
- A Process Technician sets up and maintains machinery for the food production plant. This includes preventative maintenance such as changing of lubrication oil, tuning machine speeds and other calibration on the food production equipment. This job may require work in food production environments with high temperatures for cooking, or cold temperatures for freezing and storage of food products. Compliance with food and safety regulations is also a must.
- Diploma or Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or otherScience-related discipline
- 1-2 years experience
- Quality Assurance Executives ensure that food production ordistribution meets food safety manufacturing requirements.They conduct or support quality testing activities by preparing equipment and materials, and identify lapses in the production lines' conformance to food safety and hygiene standards. This work also involves routine checks on company infrastructure and equipment, recording relevant data and preparing for audits.